Once the kidneys get damaged, it becomes a challenge to control the progress of the disease. With certain precautionary measures, the onset of CKD can be prevented or delayed.
- Diet control: Follow a low salt, low-fat diet
- Regular exercise: Include at least 30 minutes of exercise in your daily schedule; even a brisk walk is good.
- Stay hydrated: Drink adequate water to keep cleansing the kidneys
- Eat fresh: Avoid packaged food or items with preservatives
- Sleep well: Get enough sleep and rest
- Avoid self-medication: Over the counter drugs and painkillers must be avoided as they can harm the kidneys as a side effect. Always consult a doctor before taking medicines.
- Limit alcohol/tobacco intake: Excessive drinking and smoking can result in dire effects on kidneys
- Get a regular health check-up done